I offer individual and group consultation for therapists interested in understanding how to use EMDR more effectively with their clients. As a Consultant I will support you with conceptualizing challenging cases using a phase-oriented approach that integrates EMDR, Flash Technique, Attachment Theory, Parts Work and the Structural Dissociation model.
As an EMDRIA Consultant in Training I can provide up to 15 hours toward your EMDRIA Certification.
Ever wonder why EMDR works so beautifully with some clients but not with others?
EMDR is most effective when we accurately assess and prepare clients. By identifying our clients' attachment styles and where they are on the dissociative continuum we can better prepare them for reprocessing.
In Consultation you will learn to:
- Recognize how attachment style affects treatment choices and outcomes
- Apply the Structural Dissociation model to cases
- Assess where clients are on the dissociative continuum
- Better prepare clients for EMDR with Psychoeducation, Resourcing and Parts Work
- Formulate phase-oriented treatment
- Determine which EMDR protocols are best suited for your client
My approach to Clinical Consultation is about providing you with information and support so you can feel more competent and confident in your work with clients.
Consultation groups build community and connection with colleagues who become referral sources, learning partners and sometimes friends!